THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT. Tickets will not be available at the door. Thanks for your interest and check out our calendar to see what else YALA is up to!
Come together at an Abbot Kinney urban garden with YALA Post-Undergrads to celebrate Tu B’shvat – the Jewish tradition of honoring nature and trees. Join other 22- to 27-year-olds as we make new friends, enjoy tasty nibbles, and learn something too! The afternoon will include a workshop and hands-on planting experience covering the organic gardening basics of vegetable growing taught by Master Gardener, horticulturist, and owner of The Cook’s Garden, Geri Miller.
This class will include:
- An overview of basic gardening techniques and edibles for the cool season
- A detailed, digital handout emailed to you
- A hands-on lab where you will:
- Sow seeds in your own mini-container to take home
- Transplant seedlings into raised beds
- The opportunity to feed chickens and ducks (you’ll get the VIP up-close and personal experience visiting them inside their run)
Sunday, January 28 at 2:00 pm
The Cook’s Garden
1033 Abbot Kinney Blvd
Venice, CA 90291
$18 for one ticket, $25 for two
All materials included; snacks will be provided. Bring gardening gloves if you have them!