Hikes, brunches, wine tastings, networking, Shabbat dinner, yoga, meditation, herbal mixology nights, music shows, comedy shows, and more. You’d be hard pressed to find a week without seeing something that could interest you. So, take a peek at the calendar and see what events are coming up in your neighborhood, and all around Los Angeles.
Pro tip: Bookmark this page for the next time you think Netflix is your only option.
Summer Shabbat Box
- This event has passed.
Order deadline extended to Sunday, June 21!
Shabbat gives us time to reflect and restore, to learn from the week, and to shape how we want to enter the next one—together. This June, NuRoots is teaming up with The Lunch Lady LA to bring Shabbat to you and to bring you to our Shabbat, starting with the Summer Shabbat Box (filled with everything you need to bring Shabbat to your home) and culminating in a collective unboxing and special virtual Shabbat on June 26. We hope you’ll join us, wherever you are, to light the candles and connect.
Friday, June 26, 7:00 pm
Join us by taking these three easy steps:
Step 1. Order your box here. Order deadline extended to Sunday, June 21.
Step 2. Pick up your box on June 26 at one of our three contactless pickup locations.
- Culver City (9:00am – 10:00am)
- Silverlake (11:00am -12:00pm)
- Sherman Oaks (1:00pm-2:00pm)
Step 3. Connect with NuRoots and Chef Marlene on Zoom for a communal Shabbat Candle Lighting and unboxing from the chef herself on Friday, June 26 at 7pm. (Details will follow for all registrants!)
$30 for 1 person
$60 for 2-3 people
The Shabbat Box Includes:
- Challah (Made by The Larder in Los Angeles)
- Shabbat Candles
- NuRoots Matches
- Kosher Herzog Wine (Made in California) (+$10)
- Wine, Bread and Candle Blessing Card
- Individual Dinner or Family Dinner (Made By: Chef Marlene of The Lunch Lady LA)
- Roasted Salmon with Pesto and Tomato, Olives, and Green Onion Topping
- Oven Roasted Carrots with Turmeric Tahini and Fresh Herbs
- Watermelon, Feta and Balsamic Reduction Salad
- Oven Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary and Red Pepper Almond Romesco
This meal is pescatarian and vegetarian friendly, but not certified Kosher.
Please email NuRoots@JewishLA.org with any questions.NuRoots mobilizes people in their 20s and 30s to build meaningful communities across Los Angeles. Follow NuRoots on Instagram and Facebook to stay updated on creative reimagined Jewish experiences and gatherings.