Community Leadership Institute (CLI)
Applications are currently closed. You can email email@example.com to learn more about recruitment for our next cohort.
Who is a CLI participant?
CLI is for passionate individuals who:
- Have already demonstrated leadership experience (professional, volunteer, or academic)
- Are committed to learning about all facets of being a Jewish community leader (philanthropy, board and committee involvement, Jewish learning, etc.)
- Want to deepen their understanding of the opportunities and challenges facing the Greater Los Angeles Jewish community
- Want to expand their personal and professional networks
- Are between the ages of 30 and 42
- Live in Los Angeles
- Are comfortable and able to meet in-person for all program components
Please note that alumni of our other Federation leadership programs are not eligible to apply.
What is the program fee + philanthropic gift?
Accepted candidates will be required to submit a $500 program fee at the start of CLI. In addition, participants will be expected to make a $1,000 tax-deductible charitable donation per calendar year of the program to the Jewish Federation. These payments cover all aspects of the program including monthly sessions, high-profile speakers, special events, meals, and the Israel trip.
Do not let financial concerns prevent you from applying. Subsidies are available. If you have questions, let us know!
Program timeline for the Class of 2023
Applications open: December 7, 2021
Applications close: February 7, 2022
Decisions shared: March 2022
Opening retreat: Spring 2022
Israel trip: Fall 2022
Graduation: Summer 2023