The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles’ Community Leadership Institute provides young adults (ages 30-42) with robust leadership and philanthropic skill-building opportunities. CLI is highly experiential, requiring participants to engage with their cohort and stakeholders to push their own and each others’ boundaries through the following program components:
A weekend-long getaway that serves as an opportunity to start cohort bonding and gain insight into the program’s roadmap.
Our sessions, led by world renowned facilitators, will dive into areas like:
- Jewish Journey and Literacy: No matter how Jewish or Jew-ish you are, how do you exhibit your leadership through a Jewish lens?
- Personal Development: How do you develop your personal leadership style to actualize your vision as a leader in the community?
- Leadership Skills: Can you inspire others to take action to address community challenges? Can you work collaboratively to make decisions and resolve conflict?
- Philanthropy: How do your Jewish values influence the philanthropic impact you want to make?
- Governance: What does it really look like to sit on a board or committee?
Alongside monthly learning sessions with the CLI cohort, participants will be placed on a Federation committee or a community partner nonprofit board/committee throughout the program. What participants learn while observing will help them better understand how these organizations function and how to best serve them.
Participants are paired with a mentor, a seasoned member of a Jewish nonprofit board or committee, to help them shape their ideas, grapple with hard questions, and learn how to align their personal, professional and volunteer goals. Check out the CLI Class of 2020 participants and their mentors here!
The Jewish Federation brings together the city’s most successful industry professionals through its six Professional Networks. Participants gain exclusive access to networking with peers, dynamic idea exchanges, events featuring prominent speakers, and participation in specialized trips.
Small group projects offer participants an opportunity to implement what they have learned and the skills they have gained throughout the program. Projects challenge participants to align their values with their actions in several areas including group decision-making, community engagement, leading Jewishly, relationship building and philanthropy.
Immersive Israel Trip
Our 10-day experience is a high-access leadership lab in Israel where participants meet with and learn from the entrepreneurs, political and religious leaders, social activists, and community builders who are at the helm of actions and decisions on a global scale.