The Sam Rosenwald Fellowship
The Sam Rosenwald Fellowship is an educational grant program for Jewish people in their twenties and thirties, living in the Greater Los Angeles Area. Each Fellow can receive up to $2,000 in awards to make possible their participation in transformative and immersive educational opportunities, both domestic and abroad. Fellows can apply their gifts to JDC Entwine travel programs, short-term Israel programs, Limmud conferences, Moishe House retreats, and more.
Known by friends and colleagues as a true mensch, Sam Rosenwald was a committed husband, father, friend, business leader, and philanthropist, always working towards the greater good. Through his philanthropy, tenure on the Federation Board of Directors, and as Co-Chair of the King David Society, Sam always encouraged the younger Jewish generation to take a seat at the table.
The Sam Rosenwald Fellowship celebrates his unstoppable passion for Jewish life and belief in the power of transformative Jewish experiences for young people.
Due to COVID-19 this process is currently paused. If you would like to be notified when the application reopens please contact SubsidyOpps@JewishLA.org
- Between 20 and 39 years old.
- Permanent residence in Los Angeles.
- Selected program length is under three months.
- Contribution of a meaningful gift to The Jewish Federation.
- The program/organization must have an American tax ID and be able to provide an updated W9 form.
- A written blog with photos or video, detailing the experience due within two months after completion of the program.
- Participation in at least three Jewish community service opportunities, including The Federation’s Super Sunday community event.
- Attendance at annual gatherings with those who made this fellowship possible.
Candidates can apply for the Sam Rosenwald Fellowship at any time the application is open, however, applications must be received at least three weeks prior to the payment deadline for the applicant’s chosen opportunity.
After completing the online application, candidates must provide the Federation a copy of their letter of acceptance. It could be emailed to SubsidyOpps@JewishLA.org.
This Fellowship grant can be combined with assistance received from other sources, however, it cannot be combined with any other scholarship from The Jewish Federation.
This Fellowship grant cannot be used for any immersive experience that is organized by The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles (ex: JDC Entwine partnership trips, Honeymoon Israel, Onward Israel etc.) as these experiences are already highly subsidized by the Federation
Rosenwald scholarships does not cover personal airfare or accommodations outside of the program cost.