“I learned from CLI that there is a uniquely Jewish way that you can pursue any passion or interest, and that there is likely a wonderful Jewish organization to get involved in working toward that purpose.” Ben Feingold, Real Estate Leadership Track
The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles’ Community Leadership Institute (CLI) is a competitive 15-month program. CLI provides young adults (ages 25-40) robust skill-building opportunities and meaningful connections. CLI participants learn to leverage their motivation and passion to lead the future of our Jewish community.
Paired with seasoned mentors, participants attend an opening retreat and monthly sessions, travel to Israel for an unforgettable 10-day experience, and collaborate on group projects. CLIers graduate with a deepened understanding of and connection to the local and global Jewish community.
The program’s core components include:
- Opening Retreat in September
- Group Projects
- 10-Day Leadership Experience in Israel
- Special events
- Monthly sessions, for example:
- The Art of Making an Ask
- Presentation & Public Speaking
- Skills to Lead & Motivate
- Nonprofit Leadership Training
- Collaborative Decision Making
- Budgeting and finance
- Board development and governance
Eligibility Requirements and Application
CLI Applicants Must:
- Be between the ages of 25 and 40
- Live in Los Angeles
- Have demonstrated leadership experience (professional, communal, or academic)
- Willingness to learn about all facets of being a Jewish community leader (e.g. philanthropy, board and committee involvement, Jewish learning etc.)
- Be able to attend all monthly sessions and 10-day leadership trip to Israel in June
Selection Timeline The CLI Class of 2023 applications will open in Fall 2021. Email CLI@JewishLA.org with any questions.
All applicants will be notified of the results of their final application in the months following.
Stay in Touch