You’re sitting in a funky Tel Aviv cafe with an iced coffee in your hand and a smile on your face. It’s been a crazy day at the office. You’re two weeks into an eight-week internship, and you’ve made new friends, learned new skills, and your conversational Hebrew isn’t too shabby! This could be you: Onward Israel Los Angeles is your chance to travel to Israel with a group of new friends from LA and gain valuable professional experience while exploring contemporary Israel. Learn more at www.OnwardIsrael.org.
Applications for Summer 2018 are now closed.
Please stay in touch for information for Summer 2019.
Summer 2018 Highlights
- Two overlapping tracks:
- Track 1: June 4 – July 29
- Track 2: July 2 – August 26
- $600 program fee, payable online upon acceptance (includes housing, partial board, transit to/from work, and program)
- $250 refundable participation & security deposit, payable in cash upon arrival in Israel
- Participants arrange and pay for their own flights
- Dorm-style housing in the center of Tel Aviv
- Intern 4-5 days each week
- Three Israel Seminar days
- One Shabbaton Experience
- One Weekenders Experience
- Find more details, eligibility, and application at OnwardIsrael.org in November 2018
Travel to Israel with other Angelenos to explore your professional interests, build your resume, and experience Israel like a local. Once your internship is over, you’ll come home with valuable new skills and experiences on your resume, and some great new LA friends.
Past Internship Placements Include:
- Research labs
- Discovery Gan
- The David Intercontinental Hotel
- University of the People
- Heschel Center for Sustainability
- Trio Tel Aviv
- Institute for National Security Studies
- Bialik-Rogozin School for At-Risk Children.
- Tel Aviv Municipality
- Kav Laoved, a non-profit advocating for the rights of migrant workers
Onward Israel LA is operated through a partnership between the Beacon and Shapira Foundations, Masa Israel Journey, The Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles, and other leading philanthropists. Onward Israel LA is organized in Israel by Young Judaea. .
“Onward was an incredible, life-changing experience. Living in southern Tel Aviv taught me to question what I already know and appreciate the new opportunities that come my way. I’m so grateful for the people I met, the things I learned, and the confidence I gained through Onward Israel.”
– Brian Hertz
UCLA class of 2016, Onward Israel LA Summer 2015
Stay in Touch